Spartanburg Regional Foundation serves a vital role in the Upstate of South Carolina supporting Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System to improve health for our patients, communities, and associates. For more than 30 years, the Foundation has raised money through direct gifts, grants, sponsorships, and events to support health and wellness and has given back over $100 million. Our goal is to grow and prosper for the benefit of the healthcare system and community. In alignment with the healthcare system’s strategic imperatives and community health efforts, SRF's strategic philanthropy arm prioritizes focus areas through grant writing, grant making and project management.
As the populations residing in the four-county footprint for Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System grow, strategically investing in healthcare initiatives that elevate patient experience and improve community health becomes vital to demonstrating strategic investment in priority areas.
Strategic Philanthropy focuses on grant making and grant writing specific to Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System priority areas to support quality and access to health care. These efforts will be defined by:
- improving the quality of healthcare initiatives that can yield cost and resource efficiencies through innovative approaches and solutions and
- removing barriers for those facing limited or restricted access to health care to expand innovative models to increase accessibility and improve community health.
Spartanburg Regional Foundation’s Strategic Philanthropy Team is committed to
- Articulating a clear vision and goals with the dollars we leverage and invest.
- Convening conversation to listen, learn and engage with people with different perspectives on the issues SRHS cares about, and then use this input to inform our philanthropic strategies.
- Build on the expertise, wisdom, and knowledge of those who are experiencing the direct impact of systemic and structural barriers, community leaders, experts, healthcare divisions and others.
- Incorporate innovative ideas that are rooted in curiosity and demonstrate the humility to know that the solutions to most issues are far from simple.
- Align with SRHS priorities and areas of need to provide meaningful contribution to healthcare initiatives that elevate patient experiences and improve community health.